Mould – I Have It …. What Do I Do Now?

This is part 2 Of 5 part series.  (Yes, there is that much to say about mould!)


If you have identified mould in your house, the next step should be to consult an environmental consulting firm and a local general contractor. You will need to enter into a contract with your selected consultant to have them perform an assessment and scope of work.

You need a qualified environmental consultant to identify the type of mould, the severity of the issue, the level and type of remediation that is to be performed. It is important that you bring in professionals at this stage. Miss-handling mould can result in spores being spread throughout your home or office.

After this, the next step will be remediation of the mould. We will go over the level classifications of mould and the type of remediation required for each level. Once remediation is complete your consultant should perform a post remediation inspection and provide a report to confirm that the remediation was successful and that the underlying issue has been resolved.

Mould documentation is very important. This is why you need to bring in the right consultants and remediation contractors.

For a list of remediation contractors and environmental consultants please contact us at Kenneth Homes Design Build Inc.


Upcoming Series On Everything To Know About Mould:

Part 3:  What To Expect From An Environmental Consultant

Part 4:  What Are The Categories Of Mould?

Part 5:  What Are The Categories Of Water Damage?

Pin It on Pinterest